Monday, March 22, 2010

Okay well as you know I have decided to run a marathon in October (Lord Willing). Well I am very, very, very, very out of shape. So today is day 1 of my eating overhaul. I am not calling this a diet. Why you ask, because I LOATHE diets. I do not do well when I am restricted from good food. So...... I am keeping a food journal in hopes of catching the "bad stuff" I eat and when I tend to eat those things so I can curb those with other good foods. I will allow myself times to give in, but will NOT let those times be calorie fests either. So far today I have eaten the following:




  1. 1 egg (substitute because I am allergic to eggs)
  2. 1 Activia Light & 1/4 cup Almonds
  3. 1 Chicken Breast, some pop chips ("healthy" chip), 1 apple.

For dinner I believe I will have ribs, green beans, and 2 Hawaiian rolls. Tonight's dinner will be a little calorie heavy, but I still think with portion control it is a healthy dinner.
I am also doing the couch to 5k program to get started before training starts for this marathon training. The couch to 5k program I am doing is located at these 2 sites, this one & this one. I like them both so I downloaded them both. These are hip hop and probably not great for all, but I like hip hop when I am working out it keeps me going. It is nice enough I might get outside and do my run outside instead of on the treadmill. We shall see.
This weekend was crazy. We had a ridiculous snow storm on Saturday. Needless to say G & I stayed hunkered down. I made chili and cornbread and just watched TV. It was a nice and relaxing day. Sunday we both had cabin fever so we went out to Chili's for dinner and stopped by Karen & Wayne's to discuss camping and such. Pretty boring I know, but I am hoping with the weather warming up G & I will have some adventures around the corner to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment