Friday, July 2, 2010

From the Pit in my Stomach

Sara modeling how small these plums were!



So today a co-worker brought in some plums she had bought at a market. They were smaller then your normal plum, about the size of a large plum tomato. They were really no bigger then the size of a half dollar. I tell you the size because it will be of some importance later. I bit into it and ate the first side, but the other side was hard to get, as it was small so I bit it, but the pit shot out and went down my throat!!! (You now see why I went on about the size of the plum)

Being the worry wort I am, I immediately Googled it! To my sheer horror I see that there is cyanide in these pits! So I tried to get it out on my own (I will spare you the details) but couldn't, so I panicked and called the poison control center.

My discussion went like this:

Me: "Hello, I just swallowed a plum pit.... (silence) should I be worried?!?!?"

Poison Control Lady: "Well did you do that on purpose?"

Me: "NOOOOOO, implying why in the world would anyone do that on purpose in my tone." (Now I am a little perturbed because I just want to know if I need to be worried)

PCL: "Well, did you look this up on the Internet or something?"

Me: "YES!!!! Should I be worried?!?!?"

PCL: "No, I mean yes there is cyanide in the pits, but you would have to bite it open and chew on the pits..... and you would have to eat several of them. I am more worried it will get stuck in your throat, but you sound fine."

Me: "Ok, thanks."

I am somewhat relieved now, however I now realize what went in must come out! So now the 4th of July weekend should be filled with tons more fun then I was even planning for.

Only me! This kind of thing only happens to me.... well obviously others have had this occur, but still these weird things seem to happen to me! Graham was not amused in the least when I told him what I had done. Anyway, hope you all have a great 4th of July weekend, say a prayer for those serving, their families, and those who have served so we can celebrate our freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment