Friday, February 5, 2010

HEATHER!!!! WHAT IS THAT????!!!!!??????

So, around 1:30 this morning I am woken from a deep sleep by Graham. It is pitch black in our room, yet I can see the whites of his eyes. He asks, while punching me in the leg, "HEATHER WHAT IS THAT?" I listen for a minute and hear a very load banging noise! Now, those of you that know me know I watch ALL of those Forensic Files shows, and any crime scene or crime shows. So, my immediate thought, "GRRRREAT, just great, some one is breaking in our house."




So I quickly spring into action. See, because I watch said crime show(s), I have a knife in my bedside nightstand. I have this knife, despite constant teasing from my husband, for reasons such as these. I might not make it, but neither will the guy trying to hurt me, or at least he/she will have a mark left on them.



So, I flick open my nightstand and whip out my knife, thank you Karen. I flick the blade open with lightening speed. I am secretly proud with the speed I have opened this thing, and not cut myself in the process. I then hand it off to Graham, who reluctantly climes out of bed.



He thrusts open the bedroom door, for the element of surprise over the would be caper/murderer. He then proceeds down the hall, and for some reason I follow with one of my dress shoes. I guess I thought Graham could stab him/her and I could club them with my shoe. I honestly cannot believe I got out of bed, but I had to back up my husband. I mean, I was wishing for a bat, or that gun I have been requesting, but the shoe would do....... right?



We check every door, and they are all locked. No one is outside. We check the garage, because maybe some one was trying to break in there...... nothing. I have opened every room door with great speed, in case there was some one in there..... nothing. The whole time we are looking around my mind goes straight to that horror movie where the couple goes to the cabin for the weekend and those people mess with them by knocking on the door, and then later come back and stab them. I know I know can you say paranoid?



Shaking, I go back to the bedroom. Graham decides he must know what that was..... so he does a little more investigating. It only takes him seconds after walking into the office to figure out what/who it was........ it was my graduation balloon. It had drifted over to the ceiling fan and the blades were hitting the balloon and making a noise that sounded like some one banging against the front door or thrashing around in a closet! Anticlimactic????? I think so, but I will take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment