Thursday, March 11, 2010

"New" Car!!!

Graham's Saturn has served us well through the years but with 161,000 miles on it (and leaking every fluid imaginable, as well as the engine light being on for a year or so) we decided it was time to retire her. So, Graham being a researcher, was on Carmax's website for a few days and then on consumer reports cross referencing cars. We stumbled upon this baby and loved it.


We knew this was coming (having to buy a new car) so we had been saving a while. We went to Carmax and test drove it and loved it. Len was our salesperson and he was the sweetest "salesman" I have ever dealt with. The car only had a little over 15,000 miles and still has new car smell! It has 4 wheel drive, a sunroof (a neccessity if you ask me) enough room for kiddos (SOMEDAY) and lots of fun little features. The price was right and Carmax offers a sweet maintenance package. Their finance department was also wonderful. We got a great rate, but wanted a better payment so the finance guy told us to check out our bank's online site and apply for a car loan directly through them. You have 3 days with Carmax to do this interest free and they will let you bring in your loan and exchange it for your first loan. We ended up saving a little over $80.00 a month on our payment! We now pay less for this car then my little Hyundai Accent! We couldn't believe it. So if you are in the market for a slightly used car go to the folks at Carmax. I have never had such a great experience. They assign a salesman to you, let you walk their lot without being hassled, and the salesman finds you when he is done with his previous client! LOVED THAT! If you are in the KC area PLEASE go in and request LEN at the Merriam store. He is fantastic. Needless to say we are feeling pretty blessed driving around in our new car.

On a different note, I cannot find the spell check on blogger anymore. If anyone reading this knows where it is please enlighten me. I hate posting stuff with spelling errors, but sometimes do not catch everything.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! My name is Chris and I am the social media public relations rep at the CarMax home office in Richmond, VA. Google Alerts notified me of your blog post mentioning us. I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for your blog post. I am glad you had a great experience at one of our stores. I hope your friends will want to visit, too. I will be sure to share your post with Len and the sales manager. Happy driving to you and your CarMax car!

    ReplyDelete